The Triangle area has it all! Museums, restaurants, breweries, sporting events, parks and trails, concerts, live performances, events and nightlife… you name it and you can almost certainly find it here. So whatever your interests, or whatever new hobbies you’re looking to explore, you won’t have to go far from home to discover them.
Top Triangle Events
Looking for some excitement? Maybe a big celebration, an outdoor market, a concert, a sporting event, or a convention? Be sure to check out these local favorites!
Explore art markets at First Friday Downtown Raleigh.
- Shop local at the State Farmers Market.
- One man’s trash is another’s treasure at Raleigh Flea Market.
- Find a convention at the Raleigh Convention Center.
- Enjoy a concert, performance, sporting event, or celebration at PNC Arena.
- And don’t forget to partake in the year-round celebrations and festivals on Fayetteville Street in Downtown Raleigh!
Best Museums & Historic Sites
Raleigh is packed full of museums that explore everything from science and history to the arts. There are also plenty of historic sites to discover throughout the city. Here are a few local picks.
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- North Carolina Museum of Art
- North Carolina Museum of History
- North Carolina State Capitol
- Marbles Kids Museum
- Mordecai Historic Park
Favorite Parks & Lakes
Lakeside, beneath the trees, on a scenic trail or a sky-high zipline… there are many ways to explore the great outdoors in this breathtaking city that so colorfully meshes with its natural environment.
- Pullen Park: The first public park in Raleigh and home to the 5th oldest operating amusement park in the U.S.
- Neuse River Trail: Miles of paved trail provides scenic views of the Neuse River and links to the Mountains to Sea Trail project.
- Umstead State Park: Hike, bike, horseback ride, or camp in lush and beautiful wilderness.
- Lake Johnson Park: Rent a paddle boat or relax on the beach!
- Shelley Lake Park: Enjoy fresh air with a trail walk along the lake.
- Fred G Bond Metro Park: Explore trails, rent a paddle boat, bring your own boat, or try an ropes adventure course!
Exciting Sporting Events for All Fans
- National Hockey League: Carolina Hurricanes at PNC Arena
- North American Soccer League: Carolina Railhawks at WakeMed Soccer Park
- NCAA Football: NC State Wolfpack at Carter-Finley Stadium, Duke Blue Devils, UNC Chapel Hill
- NCAA Basketball: NC State Wolfpack, Duke Blue Devils, UNC Chapel Hill
- NCAA Baseball: NC State Wolfpack, Duke Blue Devils, UNC Tarheels
Top Picks for Shopping & Dining
Shop-a-holics rejoice! There are several major shopping centers in the Triangle area offering big-name retailers, small boutiques, and everything in-between.
- Crabtree Valley Mall
- North Hills
- Cameron Village
- The Streets at Southpoint
- Triangle Town Center
- And for a huge variety of restaurants, don’t miss Glenwood South or Fayetteville Street of Downtown Raleigh!
Arts & Culture
Catch a local show, enjoy the opera, welcome a nationally-renowned performer in to town, explore a garden, shop for art, and more. The diversity of the Triangle’s art and performance venues ranges from local shops and theatre groups to big-name performers.
- Catch a show and explore a historic garden at Raleigh Little Theatre & Rose Garden.
- Enjoy beautiful music with the North Carolina Symphony.
- Browse, shop, and explore at Artspace.
- Take a class or enjoy a local show at North Raleigh Arts and Creative Theatre.
- Partake in some wine and painting at Art Bar.
- Catch a stunning performance at the Carolina Ballet.
- Find a theatre production, big-name concert, and more at Red Hat Amphitheater.
- Enjoy everything from ballet to Broadway at Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts.
- And don’t miss a Broadway performance at DPAC, the Duke Performing Arts Center.
Beers, Brews & Nightlife
For those who like to taste, bar hop, or explore the after-dark culture of big-city living, there are plenty of options. Several major breweries in the area provide local breweries, and plenty of options for bars, live music, and nightlife can be found in two of Raleigh’s most vibrant downtown districts, Glenwood South and Fayetteville Street. And for the true craft-beer enthusiasts, Downtown Durham is a must-do!
- Raleigh Brewing Company
- Crank Arm Brewing Company
- Compass Rose Brewery
- Glenwood South
- Fayetteville Street
Discover Your Spot Among the Amenities of the Triangle
The Triangle certainly isn’t short on things to do! It’s also not short on opportunities, from top-notch employers at Research Triangle Park to nationally-ranked universities and public schools, to highly affordable living throughout its many communities. So take some time to really explore the Triangle, maybe even browse some homes for sale. And when you’re ready to make the Triangle your home, contact me, and let’s find your perfect location.